Clean-Install Assistant Eases Mac OS Updates
Download v1.5.3 (242 KB) for Mac OS 7.0 through 9.2.2. Now freeware!
- Clean-Install Assistant makes updating your System Folder to a new version of Mac OS a matter of minutes.
- And it's much easier too, since it handles the migration of all your personal items and third-party extensions, printer drivers, special folders, etc.
- Now you can enjoy the stability of a Clean-Installed System Folder without the hassle of re-installing your essential additions.
Upgrading a System Folder to a new version of Mac OS often takes a lot of time, because you need to figure out which files to move to the new system and which ones to leave behind (extensions, control panels, printer drivers, application-specific items, special folders, etc ).
Clean-Install Assistant makes this process easier and faster because it does the sorting and moving automatically (using its list of factory-issue Mac OS files). It'll carefully collect your additions and move them to a separate folder while you update the System Folder, then move them back to the right places inside the new one with a single click!
Version 1.5.3 is a maintenance release adding support for Mac OS 9.2.2. It allows transfering items to/from Mac OS 9.2.2, as well as previous versions of Mac OS.
Clean-Install Assistant also allows the following uses:
- Save space and backup your valuable additions and preference files only, instead of the whole System Folder!
- Install the same set of additions on multiple Macs: just copy the 'System Folder Additions' folder to each Mac and click 'Add Back'.
- Remove extra files and folders from your System Folder to restore it to a previous state: you can take a 'snapshot' of the System Folder and have Clean-Install Assistant extract any items added since.
In Serbo-Croatian, by Anja Skrba: Clean-Install Pomocnik Olaksava
© Marc Moini 2012